Re: RFD: amendment of Debian Social Contract

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 12:11:39 -0500
Jim Penny <jpenny@universal-fasteners.com> wrote:

> We will not object to commercial software that is intended to run on
> Debian systems.  We will allow others to create distributions
> containing Debian software, without any fee from us.

On fourth thought, this should read:

We will not object to commercial software that is intended to run on
Debian systems.  We will charge no fees to the creators or users of such
commercial software.  We will allow others to create distributions
containing Debian software, also without any fee from us.

While I separated commercial programs and the right to create derivative
distibutions earlier, I also accidentally severed the waiver of fees.
This version re-inserts the waiver for commercial interest.

Jim Penny