Re: Updated proposed ballot for the constitutional amendment (clarification of section 4.1.5)

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 06:27:16PM +0300, Richard Braakman wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 04:03:15AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> > It occurs to me that there are some people who may wish to afford the
> > Debian Social Contract the opportunity of a 25% minority veto, but not
> > wish to extend this to the Debian Free Software Guidelines.
>
> Editorial note: If you're not the "me" that is speaking here then you
> should clarify that or rephrase.  IIRC you're quoting Branden.

Please replace my rationale statement for proposal C with the following:

There may be some people who may wish to afford the Debian Social
Contract the opportunity of a 25% minority veto, but who do not wish to
extend this opportunity to the Debian Free Software Guidelines.

Also see my earlier remarks about adding a declaration regarding the
separateness of the SC and DFSG to the rationale statements for
proposals A and C.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Reality is what refuses to go away
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     when I stop believing in it.