Re: Debian GNU/Hurd and Debian GNU/*BSD

Hi,

Le Sat, Mar 09, 2002 at 03:03:46PM +0100, Robert Millan écrivait:
>   What is your personal opinion on those ports?

I'm in favor of those ports, and as such I'm willing to
make the required changes. However I'm not sure they can
get done for woody+1 considering that we are targetting
on a shorter release. :-) But it is a work that should
certainly start now because I guess that it will be a
long-lasting effort.

Anyway, I have to admit that I have used neither The Hurd nor
any BSD. But I have several friends who switched from Debian to
FreeBSD and I would like to provide them a Debian BSD.

The BSD kernels also have a strong reputation and they look
like good pieces of code; I don't see why they
couldn't have their place within Debian.

The Hurd is already integrated within Debian, and I wish it can
continue its progress with those changes.

>   Will you support the above mentioned changes?

Yes.