Re: Just a single Question for the Candidates

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 13:57:18 +1000, Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> said:

>> Helen I hope you don't take this the wrong way but the problem
>> isn't that you're a woman or nearly all Debian developers are male.
>> The problem is you are a flake.  [...]  Vague fears of persecution
>> are a sign of mental instability which can't be fixed by an
>> operating system free or otherwise.

> On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 06:59:57PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG
> wrote:
>> I think there's something sexist there--not in you, but in her.
>> [...]

> So, Helen is kind enough to summarise her views on why she doesn't
> participate in the project as fully as she might, and she's called a
> flake, mentally unstable and sexist for her beliefs.

> Seems like all those responses do is demonstrate she was completely
> rational and correct in the first place about Debian being
> unnecessarily hostile.

	Indeed.  For once I am ashamed to be a member of such a narrow
 minded, bigoted group.

	Helen, please accept my apologies;  we are not quite grown up
 enough to be able to interact with women yet.

	manoj
--
"*Real* wizards don't whine about how they paid their dues." Quentin
Johnson (quent@atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu)