Questions for Bdale

Hi,

so the platform have been published, everyone can make his opinion. :)

I'd like to ask some questions to Bdale (other questions for other
candidates may follow later).

First of all, you give 2 or 3 "areas of focus", but what is that
exactly ? Your personal TODO list ? A prevision for the next year ?
A set of tasks that you'd like to highlight in the hope that more
people will work on them ?

Concerning the "flavors": even if it has not explicitely been said, with
the growing numbers of "subprojects" it's self-evident that the notion
of flavor is gaining momentum ... I suppose that you want to push that
even more ? I'm with you, that's good for Debian. But do you
have some specific plans, ideas ?

Same question for the two other "areas of focus", do you have specific
ideas or plans ?

Concerning the last year, how do you feel about the way you managed
internal dissensions ? DAM and the NM is the most critical example that
comes to my mind but I'm sure you have worked on several other problems.

Do you think you have been good at communicating with the other Debian
developers ? If no, what do you plan to change to do better next year ?

Will HP continue to pay the travels for doing Debian talks (with
a little bit of HP advertising) if you're no more leader next year ?

You explain that the main DPL task is "facilitation", I think that
anyone can do this work of "facilitation", how does it help to be DPL
for this task ? Can you give some examples ?

[ BTW, http://www.debian.org/vote/2002/platforms/raphael#adoption was
a project to encourage more people to work on "facilitation" ;-) ]

OK, that's a good start I think. Enough questions to keep you busy
several minutes ... :-)

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog -+- http://www.ouaza.com