Re: clamav incremental database failed tobe updated

Hi,

> Hi,
> clamav failed to update incremental database.Earlier there was no
> problem. I have clamav-0.96.1+dfsg-1 on sid.
> main,daily & bytecode are updated.

Are things still failing? I'd guess this was some intermittent mirror failure,
as over here everything seems to be fine!?

> Are incremental db's required or this is normal as daily.cvd contain the
> latest db.
> What is bytecode.cvd ?

As of 0.96 ClamAV includes support for more complex detection routines, see also
the announcement at [1]. bytecode.cvd contains these "signatures".

Best,
Michael

[1] http://www.clamav.net/lang/en/2010/04/02/announcing-clamav-0-96/