Re: Fn keys not working in Debian 12 on Lenovo Thinkpad T450s

On Thu, Jan 11, 2024 at 10:29:37AM +0000, Rodolfo Medina wrote:

[...]

> Following your example, I aptitude-installed acpid and created
> /etc/apt/events/briteup and /etc/acpi/actions/brite and filled them with the
> stuff you reported; and then I did `chmod +x brite'...  Then?

...you might be able to change your screen's brightness by hitting your
brightness keys (here they are Fn+F8, Fn+F9).

Note that you might have to adjust the events to listen to or the paths
to the backlight system files (my "/sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight"
and companions).

Some tinkering possibly needed :-)

Cheers