Re: Debian bookwork / grub2 / LVM / RAID / dm-integrity fails to boot

> I found this [1], quoting: "I'd also like to share an issue I've
> discovered: if /boot's partition is a LV, then there must not be a
> raidintegrity LV anywhere before that LV inside the same VG. Otherwise,
> update-grub will show an error (disk `lvmid/.../...' not found) and GRUB
> cannot boot. So it's best if you put /boot into its own VG. (PS: Errors
> like unknown node '..._rimage_0 can be ignored.)"

Hmm... I've been using a "plain old partition" for /boot (with
everything else in LVM) for "ever", originally because the boot loader
was not able to read LVM, and later out of habit.  I was thinking of
finally moving /boot into an LV to make things simpler, but I see that
it'd still be playing with fire (AFAICT booting off of LVM was still not
supported by U-Boot either last time I checked).  🙁

        Stefan