And another Dell Vostro 1700 question

This is probably not specific to Dell Vostro.

I have a Dell Vostro 1700 running Debian Trixie.

I have some DisplayLink e1649Fwu USB monitors.

When I boot, there's junk (mixed graphics and text that seems to be out of sync) on one, and the other is dark. When I reboot, it's almost the same, except the monitors' roles have switched.

The graphics chip is NVidia G58M (GeForce 8400M) and the NVidia 340 driver is running.

Would the nouveau driver work for the USB monitors?

I tried to run the script for the contributed installer at https://github.com/AdnanHodzic/displaylink-debian/blob/master/displaylink-debian.sh but it ran into version-conflict problems.

Any ideas?