Re: Debian 12.5 up-to-date Xfce, Firefox clings to USB stick

On Mon 15 Apr 2024 at 18:52:33 (-0000), Curt wrote:
> On 2024-04-15, David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:

> >> Gmail supports IMAP since more or less forever.
> >
> > AIUI the OP's problem was not when reading mail, but with mail
> > submission of attachments.
>
> And in what way does that affect a true statement and a phraseology that
> clearly implies an nonexistent incompatibility?

It doesn't, and wasn't intended to. The OP was worried about security
of the attachment process during mail submission. IMAP is not involved.

I'm told that gmail offers an SMTP interface, but I don't know how
well it works, or its pros and cons. That's why I wrote "the OP's
problem was … with mail submission …", in case that had got forgotten
with the thread drifting across to the topic of reading emails.
Clearer?

Cheers,
David.