Re: while rtfming crypttab

On Tue 19 Mar 2024 at 13:09:55 (-0400), Henning Follmann wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 19, 2024 at 03:33:13PM +0000, fxkl47BF@protonmail.com wrote:
> > i saw several instances of
> > "This option is ignored for initramfs devices and specific to the Debian crypttab format. It's not supported by systemd."
> > since i'm using debian and systemd are these options ignored or used
>
> You have to be better describing your issues.

AIUI, for bullseye, the answer lies in the first sentence
matching 'debian' in man crypttab:

 "This manpage covers Debian's implementation for initramfs scripts
  and SysVinit init scripts."

So the Debian options are not used by systemd, but it
only promises a best-effort as to whether the rest of
the options do apply to systemd. As it says:

 "if in doubt, better check the systemd crypttab(5)
  manpage, e.g. online at
  https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/crypttab.html.";

I don't know about bookwork: I only use crypttab for
swap nowadays.

Cheers,
David.