Re: Support for AMD SOC digital microphone

On Sat, Feb 24, 2024 at 02:58:34PM +0100, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 24, 2024 at 01:24:58PM +0100, Pavel Lunix wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I have Lenovo Thinkpad P14s Gen4 AMD and found the integrated microphone is
> > not working due to missing kernel module (+ the integraded dmic under the
> > same structure):
> > https://www.kernelconfig.io/config_snd_soc_amd_ps
> >
> > >From Debian stock kernel config:
> > # CONFIG_SND_SOC_AMD_PS is not set
> >
> > What is the appropriate place to request adding this module to Debian
> > kernel?
>
> This seems to be addressed here:
>
>  https://lists.debian.org/debian-kernel/2023/12/msg00362.html
>
> HTH

It did help. It did prove that a tomas email can be more as an
opinion. The URL leads to bugreport 1055649 and that BR is against
the package 'linux'.

To answer the original "Where to request adding a kernel module?":

  Bugreport against package linux

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--