Re: which package to file a bug report ?

First of all: I use german during installation; but I doubt that is relevant.

Marco Moock:
Am 22.02.2024 schrieb Frank Weißer <linux@weisser-ol.de>:

I only choose ext2 for formatting the encrypted partition, because
nothing else is offered.

That is really strange. If I did install Debian 12, it offered me a
list of different file systems, including ext2/3/4.

It does on non-crypt partitions, but not if I choose 'physical volume for encryption' there; then afterwards I only have the choices to use it as ext2, swap or lvm or leave it unused for the encrypted partition.

Despite that the partition in fact is getting formatted ext4, so the
entry ext2 in /etc/fstab leads into emergency mode.

Does the installer format it as ext4, but shows ext2 and places that in
fstab?
Or do you format it manually?

The installer does format it as ext4, but shows ext2 and places that in
fstab, what ends up in emergency mode. That's why I'm here