Re: Selective rotation of journald logs

On Fri, Feb 23, 2024 at 01:48:35PM +0100, Nicolas George wrote:
> Mariusz Gronczewski (12024-02-23):
> > So to say it short: It is horrid.
>
> Generic bashing of systemd in favor of a blind cult of the good old ways
> are not what I am looking for either, and the unbalanced tone of your
> reply makes it look like precisely that.

What was "blind" about his anaylsis?  It looked pretty well thought out
to me.  He showed actual examples of how space-inefficient it is, and
provided a theoretical example of how one misbehaved service could
flush out the important logs of well-behaved services.

If anything, the person who's blindly following a path is *you*.  You're
looking to do something that multiple people have said is not possible,
and when they offer you an alternative, your claws come out.