Re: Timer doing apt update

Le 20/02/2024 à 01:58, Andy Smith a écrit :
Hi,

On Mon, Feb 19, 2024 at 08:35:18PM +0100, Erwan David wrote:
Sorry il was packagekit, I made a mistake while writing.
If it's packagekit then isn't it going to be some part of your
desktop environment? Which desktop environment are you using?

GNOME will download updates and prompt you to install. To disable this open
"GNOME software",m burger menu, "Update Preferences".

The default behaviour of GNOME Software is to only download upgrades when on an
unmetered connection so if you are using GNOME and this is what is happening,
then as Max says telling NetworkManager that your connection is metered should
stop it.

I disable the timers, thanks
I don't think it's any of the systemd timers or unattended-upgrades.

Thanks,
Andy

I use KDE, and I do not know wether discover does an update by itself. I do not thind any setting about this

--
Erwan David