Re: partition reporting full, but not

On 2/18/24 19:20, Keith Bainbridge wrote:
I am convinced that the missing space is used by btrfs snapshot process.

Perhaps.  But, are you re-balancing your btrfs file systems regularly?

https://manpages.debian.org/bookworm/btrfs-progs/btrfs-balance.8.en.html

Doing it by hand was not practical for me. I wrote a Perl script to automate the process. On SSD's, the results were decent. On USB flash drives, not so much.

Searching for a power tool today, I see:

2024-02-18 23:27:43 dpchrist@laalaa ~/stretch-amd64
$ apt-cache search btrfs | grep mainten
btrfsmaintenance - automate btrfs maintenance tasks on mountpoints or directories

https://packages.debian.org/bookworm/btrfsmaintenance

I suggest installing and trying the btrfsmaintenance package.

David