Re: Package Identification Assistance

On 2024-02-16 at 09:14, Greg Wooledge wrote:

> I would also point out that this is a Debian mailing list, not an
> Ubuntu mailing list, and therefore the people here don't know
> anything about Ubuntu systems (generally).
>
> Maybe this program is normal and common on Ubuntu.  If that's the
> case, then asking on an Ubuntu mailing list or web forum would
> probably have got a useful reply immediately, whereas all *we* can do
> is scratch our heads and toss out random guesses.

I could be on the wrong track, but I parsed the original post as
reporting that a program on Debian identifies itself as being connected
to Ubuntu, and that this would constitute a bug, and as wanting to
identify the package responsible for that program *so as to be able to
report that bug so that it can be fixed*.

If that's correct, then the original question was "how can I identify
the package on my Debian system which contains the program which is
misbehaving in this way?", which would seem to be perfectly fine as a
question for debian-user.

That said, I don't have any idea of suggestions to offer, without more
information which the original poster has not provided. To start with,
I'd want to know: what steps is it which cause the window which displays
this improperly-titled tab to open?

--
   The Wanderer