Re: where are the actual ".deb" packages? all I see are "pkgcache.bin" and "srcpkgcache.bin" . . .

On Sun, Feb 26, 2023 at 05:28:44PM +0000, Albretch Mueller wrote:
>  Basically, I am trying to download all packages that are part of the
> installation dependencies of a given one into a directory of my
> choosing to then install packages on an unexposed machine.
>  apt-rdepends nicely lists all dependencies ordered as a depth first
> graph, but I am getting "pkgcache.bin" and "srcpkgcache.bin" files for
> all package names.

You probably want the package apt-offline.  From the package

 apt-offline can be used to generate a signature on a machine (with no network).

 This signature contains all download information required for the APT database
 system. This signature file can be used on another machine connected to the
 internet (which need not be a Debian box and can even be running windows) to
 download the updates.

 The downloaded data will contain all updates in a format understood by APT and
 this data can be used by apt-offline to update the non-networked machine.

That sounds to me like your exact use case.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez