Re: Nedit opens in a different workspace

On Tue, Feb 21, 2023 at 12:33:28PM -0800, Van Snyder wrote:
> I was convinced to do
>
>       apt-get update; apt-get upgrade
>
> to try to repair a problem in my Debian 10 installation. Now it has a
> mish-mash of 10 & 11 pieces.

Then your sources.list file was incorrect to begin with.  I'm guessing
you had something like this:

deb http://deb.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free

You should never use the "stable" alias in the sources.list file, because
it's a moving target.  Doing an update/upgrade after a new version of
Debian has released will try to pull in pieces of the new version, when
you aren't prepared for it.

Always use the codename of the Debian version that you intend to run.
For example:

deb http://deb.debian.org/debian buster main contrib non-free

At this point, you have two basic choices: you can either finish upgrading
to Debian 11, or you can reinstall Debian 10.

Personally, I'd go with the first option, unless there is a compelling
reason to remain on Buster.  Standard advice applies -- read the Bullseye
release notes and the NewInBullseye page on the wiki, make backups of
your system first, and so on.