Re: Fw: locating blocked port

After stumblin about and wasting people's time. I may have made some
progress.

First was the kind help that the jabref port can be found by searching
on line for "net.sf.jabref.logic.remote.server" Remote port number".
Doing so revealed that jabref's default port is probably 6050. I
wouild never have thought to search for that on line.

Now the quetion is, what process is using that port?

   $ sudo ss -pt state listening 'sport = :6050'
   Recv-Q  Send-Q  Local Address:Port       Peer Address:Port  Process
   0       1       [::ffff:127.0.0.1]:6050  *:*                users:(("java",pid=1675,fd=14))

Is java holding that port? Is jabref then trying to use the port for
itself? If so, is this a bug? (I run testing)

Is there any way I can tell java or jabref to use next available
free port?

--

     Haines Brown
 /"\