Re: Print flakes off mailing labels, use a fixative?

On 12/4/23 16:52, Tom Browder wrote:

HP printer and toner, Office Depot labels.

I bought so hair spray and will try that.

-Tom

I just looked at Office Depot website and the only labels I see that are for both laser and inkjet are an off brand.  I see why you went for the off brand, they are a whole lot cheaper than the Avery labels the same size, but maybe this is why.  100 sheets for $13. Twice as many labels for 1/3 the price.  I might have tried them too.

I really don't see how hairspray or any other liquid spray could do any good.  If you think it will seep under the toner and glue it down that seems problematic to me and it might make the labels peel off. Cellophane tape might work better.

I think you said that you took the label to the UPS store and their printer had the same problem so the problem is definitely the labels and best just swallow hard and buy the Avery labels.  (Or just write the address with a ball point pen.)

-Don