Re: Password managers

On 9 Nov 2023 11:05 -0500, from paulf@quillandmouse.com:
> Does anyone know of a password manager which will store a variety of
> user-defined information for each login, and not store that information
> on the internet (and which is free as in beer)?

KeepassXC if you want a primarily GUI solution which also happens to
be open source. (There's also a command-line version keepassxc-cli
which can either be driven from the command line or used interactively
in a terminal session.)

pass if you want something which mimics your homegrown solution.

Any decent password manager should have a free-form notes field and I
can confirm that KeepassXC 2.7.4 (which is the version currently
packaged in Bookworm) searches in the notes field when I type into the
search field in the GUI.

--
Michael Kjörling                     🔗 https://michael.kjorling.se
“Remember when, on the Internet, nobody cared that you were a dog?”