Re: How to use dmsetuup?

On 11/5/23 01:47, gene heskett wrote:
On 11/5/23 01:46, David Christensen wrote:
I am worried that you are going to make a mistake and suffer a data disaster (partial or total).  That is why I suggested that you give the Asus a rest and build a backup server now.

I'm also into 3d printers, and that has made me fam with the arm64 sbc cards such as the bananapi-m5 which has 4 ub3 ports on a 2GHz 4 core cpu. Startech makes a usb3 to sata adapter that can do 500M/sec to an SSD. I am doing it on an rpi4b.  So I am tempted to build my own NAS by using all 4 of those ports to hook 4 of these 2T gigastones up as a 4G raid10. Run it headless by an ssh login, setup amanda server on it, setup amanda-client on the rest, setup amanda to do any compression on the clients which are fast enough to do it and let the pi handle the actual storage, including its database which makes a recovery a matter to telling it which file and how old. I normally setup for 60 to 90 days of retention. It won't be fast but it will be isolated from anything that fails on the rest of my net,

Wow!  I got Gene to consider my suggestion!  :-)

David