Re: Letting Windows go: scanning

On Fri, Sep 22, 2023 at 11:35 AM Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:
> On 2023-09-21, Tom Browder <tom.browder@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Where do you find the "blob?" I've seen reference to it but haven't yet
> > found it.

>  Most Linux distributions include HPLIP with their software, but most do not
>  include the plug-in.  Therefore, it is a safe practice to run a utility called
>  "hp-setup", which, will install the printer into the CUPS spooler, download,
>  and install the plug-in at the appropriate time.
> https://developers.hp.com/hp-linux-imaging-and-printing/binary_plugin.html

Ah, thanks.  After a bit of fumbling, I got it installed (had to use "hp-plugin") and used Xsane and can see and can operate my scanner!! GREAT

Now, I can scan and save to PDF via my document feeder as well as my flatbed scanner. GREAT

However, I so far have not been able to scan both sides of a document in my two-side document feeder the way I could could on Windows--bummer, but this is a huge win so far.

Thanks so much!

-Tom