Re: Letting Windows go: scanning

On 2023-09-20 10:17, Timothy M Butterworth wrote:

When I used to use HP MFD's I used to have to connect to it with USB
to get scanning. I do not know if network scanning is now supported or
not.

Scanning directly to a computer, using drivers installed on that computer, is a nightmare - even with Windows PCs and Brother multi-function devices, which (in my opinion) work far better than products from any other manufacturer.

Consistently having to reinstall drivers because the MFD's suddenly were unable to connect to one or more computers got really old, really quickly.

I've started scanning to Windows (SMB) shares. Setting up shared folders on a Linux box is easy - Samba is your friend.

If the MFD is network-capable (either wired or wireless), that's the way to go.