Amanda (was: sata driver compataility Q)

> Compared to the setup required for amanda, that sounds very inviting. Amanda
> has a very steep learning curve just because it is so versatile I'm still
> waiting on stuff, so no more actual progress.

I used Amanda many years ago and was quite pleased with it, but I must
say I'm having a hard time imagining it in my current world where tapes
don't make much sense for backups.

What are the use cases where Amanda still beats the pants down of
competitors like Borg or Bup?

        Stefan