Re: using ddrescue on the root partition - boot with / as read-only

On 13 Sep 2023 13:54 +0200, from vincent@vinc17.net (Vincent Lefevre):
> I need to use ddrescue on the root partition of my laptop.
>
> So I need to have the root partition mounted in read-only mode.
> How can I do that?

Boot a separate environment. For example Debian installation media
offers a rescue environment which can be used for the purpose, or you
can use live media for just about any distribution. You may need to
install ddrescue into the live environment.

--
Michael Kjörling                     🔗 https://michael.kjorling.se
“Remember when, on the Internet, nobody cared that you were a dog?”