I uninstalled OpenMediaVault (because totally overkill for me) and replaced it with borgbackup and rsync

Hi

I was a user of OpenMediaVault for several years. I even donated money to the developer.

But very provocatively OpenMediaVault is bloatware, way too big. The only thing I need is a reliable backup.

I had pure Debian (minimal installation, very few packages) installed with borgbackup and rsync.

I am now very satisfied, much more streamlined than OpenMediaVault.

Am I wrong, are my statements completely off?

Or how does your backup look like?

cheers
Jason