Re: Cannot install Debian 12.1 on VirtualBox

On Sat, 12 Aug 2023 at 13:35, <westk@acu.edu> wrote:

> I notice on the video you provided a reference to not finding a virtual
> core keyboard, in addition to the xf86SetGamma message. Maybe there's
> something in the keyboard and/or USB settings for the VM?
There are USB settings in the VB VM configuration, however I believe
that those are to connect the USB devices directly to the VM. I am not
doing anything fancy, it is just normal keyboard input. The keyboard
works because I press Return on it to start the installation, which
fails after that. If the keyboard did not work at all, pressing Return
would do nothing.

> I'm also wondering how much video memory you've given this machine;
> perhaps 12 needs more than 11 did?
For the display, I have allocated the maximum amount of memory allowed
by VB, 128 MB.

P. S. Here is the thread at the forum that I mentioned. In this case
the OP tried to do the non-graphical install and got the grey screen
(the same I get with the non-graphical install). I believe it is the
same underlying issue, only it manifests differently if one tries to
do graphical or non-graphical installation.
https://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?t=155301