Re: Cannot install Debian 12.1 on VirtualBox

On Sat, 2023-08-12 at 13:28 +0100, Piscium wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Aug 2023 at 13:16, <westk@acu.edu> wrote:
>
> > How about selecting the non-graphical install (one downarrow-press
> > away, I believe)?
>
> I had tried that too. In that case the screen becomes gray and
> nothing
> visible happens. Clearly something changed in Debian itself, because
> in these tests I use the same VB vm, I only switch from one iso to
> the
> other and back keeping the rest of the configuration. I am using the
> netinst isos, which are the recommended ones.

Interesting....

I notice on the video you provided a reference to not finding a virtual
core keyboard, in addition to the xf86SetGamma message. Maybe there's
something in the keyboard and/or USB settings for the VM?

I'm also wondering how much video memory you've given this machine;
perhaps 12 needs more than 11 did?

--
Kent