Re: Weird messages on logs.

On Tue, Aug 08, 2023 at 03:12:59PM -0400, Maureen L Thomas wrote:

Thanks for not top posting. I fixed it for you...

> On 8/8/23 7:57 AM, Henning Follmann wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 08, 2023 at 12:01:08AM -0400, Maureen L Thomas wrote:
> > >  3:24:29 PM systemd: Failed to start tracker-extract-3.service - Tracker
> > > metadata extractor.
> > >  3:24:29 PM systemd: Failed to start tracker-extract-3.service - Tracker
> > > metadata extractor.
> > >  3:23:59 PM systemd: Failed to start tracker-extract-3.service - Tracker
> > > metadata extractor.
> > >  3:23:29 PM systemd: Failed to start
> > > app-gnome-gnome\x2dkeyring\x2dsecrets-1958.scope - Application launched by
> > > gnome-session-binary.
> > >  3:23:29 PM systemd: Failed to start
> > > app-gnome-gnome\x2dkeyring\x2dpkcs11-1959.scope - Application launched by
> > > gnome-session-binary.
> > >
> > >   These are the message I have in my logs.  I have no idea what it is about.
> > > I would appreciate any help from you guys.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Moe
> >
> > Hello,
> > what release is this on?
> > On Buster I had also some issues with tracker mainly due to apparmor
> > missing some rules. I have not seen this so far on Bullseye.
> > -H
> >
> Sorry, it was late when I posted this.  I am using Bookworm and checked the
> log not figuring on finding anything and found this. My system has been
> upgrade to the last fixes.  I am using a Lanova all in one machine.
>
> Moe

Ok does this error persist?
If the indexer is done and pretty much only has to index new stuff,
hopefully this resolves on its own.

However if this persists there might be a timing issue here.
You could use dconf-editor to tweak the tracker.
You can install dconf-editor which might be easier than changing is on the
command line via gsettings.

The settings are presentent as a tree and you would be interestedin
org.freedesktop.tracker
there should be a setting like "wait for extractor-fs"
Try to switch that on.

HTH

-H

--