Re: logging no longer standard?

On 8/7/23 12:19, songbird wrote:
gene heskett wrote:
Absolutely none of that makes it to the log I can read with sudo.

This causes me to ask about any new ACL's bookworm might have put in
place, but questions about that have so far been totally ignored.  I
according to an ls -lR, own that raid10 lock, stock and barrel, so why
can't apps running as me, write to it without the 2 minute wait?  And
why is there no d------ clue in the logs root can read, showing why this
is happening.

   have you ever used strace?

Many times over the last 25 years. However this problem occurs when it has already output several gigabytes of previous data the shell has scrolled off the end of th buffer.. There is not a way to have it start doing the trace when I click on the save to disk button. That would make 500x more useful as a tracing aid. Or do yu know a trick that allows that?

Thanks Songbird.

   songbird

.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.