Re: AMD GPU hard lockups

On 02/08/2023 22:29, Celejar wrote:
The Z440 officially supports up to an NVIDIA Quadro K6000 12GB, which
draws 234 watts, so it ought to be able to handle my Red Devil RX-570.
The Red Devil specifies a minimum system power of 450 watts, and my
Z440's PSU is 700 watts:

More detailed info:
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/powercolor-red-devil-rx-570-oc.b4455

Your GPU max TDP is 150W, meaning it will draw 75W from PCI-E slot and
75W from 8-pin cable.
Your 8-pin adapter must have been very poor quality. I don't know what
kind of adapter it was, but adapters which make 8-pin from 6-pin, are
dangerous. Better to use 2x 6-pin -> 1x 8-pin adapter to correctly
assign wires to each corresponding pin.

--
With kindest regards, Piotr.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀