Re: chrome web browser worthless

On 8/2/23 15:17, Greg Wooledge wrote:
On Wed, Aug 02, 2023 at 08:14:41PM +0100, Brian wrote:
Where is the line with 127.0.1.1? Debian always provides that.

Either deleted, or not provided by Armbian in the first place.  In any
case, it's not immediately relevant to this thread's issue, so long as
the web service doesn't redirect to the system's hostname.

.

That might be a possibility, but it comes and goes, sometimes bpi52:80 works, next week it doesn't. That does not get the google intercept, just a 403 when it fails.

I might be able to buy your google excuses if it waited till I pressed enter on a filled in address line, but this requester ppps up, disabling the keyboard with the first click to get focus on the address line. And it pre-fills the address line with a 100+ character google address/path.

You cannot convince me that is not intentional...

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis