Re: chrome web browser worthless

On 8/1/23 06:16, Phil Wyett wrote:
On Tue, 2023-08-01 at 05:33 -0400, gene heskett wrote:
Google seems to have high jacked port 80, I cannot use it as a
browser
to run klipper as a google search intercepts port 80, so localhost:80
cannot be used for troubleshooting or for running a 3d printer with
klipper..

FF has no such problems.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.

Hi,

Maybe direct this to the appropriate arena. Debians default browser is
Firefox, if there is no issue with FF means you are in the wrong place
for this kind of statement/query.

Regards

Phil

While armbians default seems to be chrome. But I believe armbian is using the debian repos. FF is installed as a snap, updated nightly from mozzilla, which is a PITA but it does work. Google/Alphabet is turning into a bigger PITA than M$. So I'll hit the armbian forum with this bitch. Thank you Phil, take care & stay well.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis