Re: why bookworm isn't called deb12?

* On 2023 07 Jul 12:59 -0500, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> There is lots of cross-pollination, though. Before the advent of Clang
> there weren't many credible alternatives to the GCC toolchain; I don't
> think any BSD sysadmin worth their salt would renounce using rsync just
> because it's GPL. Conversely, ssh is probably one of the nices gifts
> BSD gave to the GPL folks. PostgreSQL is a wonderful thing and is,
> again, BSD.
>
> So, thanks to both :)

Oh, absolutely!

What I like about the majority of the Linux ecosystem is that it has a
rather low level of dogma.  To be sure, I prefer Free Software and any
code I've contributed over the years has been under one sort of copyleft
license or another.  Debian, like all of the major distributions, pull
software from many sources.  There is no such thing as a "pure" Linux
distributions as they're all collections from many projects.  Probably
the most dogmatic distributions are Trisquel and Guix but I doubt they
have the NIH attitude I sense from OpenBSD.

- Nate

Web: https://www.n0nb.us
Projects: https://github.com/N0NB