Re: Monitor Problem

Hi,

Stephen P. Molnar wrote:
> I placed a Debian12.iso in the CD/DVD dirve. Here are the results:
>
> CD-ROM Device dfriver for IDE (Four Channels Supported)
> (c) Copyright .  .  .
> Driver Version:     : V340
> Device Name:        : BANANA
> No drives found, aborting installation

You seem to have ended up in an old MS-DOS or Windows program named
MSCDEX:
  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSCDEX
See especially the image
  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Windows_98_startup_disk_screenshot.png
which shows the text including "V340" and "BANANA".

Given the age of the program and the discussions about it in the web, i
have some doubt that it works with DVD at all.
I assume that it is a DVD because of:
  "debian-cd: debian-12.0.0-amd64-netinst.iso is too big for a CD"

(The Debian 11 netinst ISO fits well on CD.)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas