Re: Debian home page -> Download link broken:

On Sun, 2023-06-11 at 07:11 +0100, Tixy wrote:
> On Sat, 2023-06-10 at 23:55 -0400, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> > Debian's wiki says to use apt-get:
> > https://wiki.debian.org/DebianUpgrade. Also see
> > https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-faq/uptodate.html ;.
> >
> > Maybe it's time for a complete refresh of those documents.
>
> Or maybe the wiki page should be deleted, or just say go RTFM, i.e.
> read the release notes for the release you want to upgrade to.

I just did a successful upgrade this morning from Debian 11 to Debian
12.

I used https://wiki.debian.org/DebianUpgrade to do so.

Without that, trying to go by the release notes only, I probably would
not have been successful, and probably would have had to resort to
doing a fresh install.

Yes, I did look through the release notes, and did get good information
from them.  But I used https://wiki.debian.org/DebianUpgrade to
actually get the job done.

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianUpgrade could use a tune-up, particularly
the part about editing /etc/apt/sources.list, which IMHO could be
worded a little more clearly.

Bottom line, please do NOT remove https://wiki.debian.org/DebianUpgrade
- it was a life saver for me!

Just my 2 cents worth . . .