Re: "dpkg-reconfigure" dash no longer works

On 6/9/23 20:33, S M wrote:
On Fri, Jun 09, 2023 at 08:00:51PM -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:
On Fri, Jun 09, 2023 at 05:45:04PM -0500, S M wrote:
Regarding a workaround, I ended up creating a symlink /usr/local/bin/sh
pointing to bash and chsh to that.

Why?  Why not simply chsh to /bin/bash if that's what you want as your
interactive shell?

Are you somehow relying on bash's disabling of certain features when
invoked as "sh", in interactive mode?  I don't understand that at all.

Yes. POSIX-compliance is a feature to me. I'd actually be fine with
using dash itself but the lack of command line editing and filename
completion is a deal-breaker to me.

.
+10 (or more)

Cheers, Gene Heskett.