PTR record for mail server

Hi

Can I clarify my understanding of an issue with a Debian Postfix server please. We have a mail server which is a VPS running Debian hosted by OVH. Its hostname is of the form vps-xyz.vps.ovh.net the PTR for the IP resolves to that.

The the issue is our server sends mail for our own domains and we are getting mail rejected from some recipient servers with 550 PTR rejected: Please use a non-generic PTR (in reply to RCPT TO command.

My understanding is that as we are sending email from our own domain e.g "example.com" its complaining because the PTR is ovh.net not example.com?

As its not recommended to have more than one PTR for an IP is there anything we can do about this given that our server handles mail for a couple of domains?

Thanks

Andrew