Re: Weird behaviour on System under high load

> Von: David Christensen <dpchrist@holgerdanske.com>
> An: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Betreff: Re: Weird behaviour on System under high load
> Datum: Sat, 27 May 2023 16:30:05 -0700
>
> On 5/27/23 15:28, Christian wrote:
>
> > New day, new tests. Got a crash again, however with the message
> "AHCI
> > controller unavailable".
> > Figured that is the SATA drives not being plugged in the right
> order.
> > Corrected that and a 3:30h stress test went so far without any
> issues
> > besides this old bug
> > https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=947685
> >
> > Seems that I am just jumping from one error to the next...
>

> 3 hours and 30 minutes?  Yikes!  Please stop before you fry your
> computer.  10 seconds should be enough to see a problem; 1 minute is
> more than enough.

Sadly not always. My crashes before would occur between a few minutes
and 1 hour load. Now I hope everything is stable. Crashes are gone,
only the network error seems to be unresolved (even though there is
some workaround).

With the undervolting / overclocking on 12 core stress test, the system
stays below 65°C (on Smbusmaster0) so should be no risk of damage.

Thanks for the help!