Re: AW: EPSON ET M 1120 new printer: If You can read this, you areusing the wrong driver

On 2023-04-24, gene heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:
> On 4/24/23 09:36, Schwibinger Michael wrote:
>>

>> Good afternoon
>>
>> Thank You
>> Was it a good idea to buy EPSON?
>>
>> Regards
>> Sophie
>>

> In a short answer no. Epson worked very well but that way back, 20 years
> ago.
>
> For high quality output, Brother is hard to beat, and has drivers for
> linux that Just Work. I have 2 Brothers, an HLL2320 laser for fast
> duplex output in B&W, about 20 pages a minute, and a now several years
> old MFC-J6920DW, an ink-jet that can handle up to tabloid paper in its
> printer and in its scanner, and the scanner can do duplex with letter or
> A4 material as it has an ADF feeder. This printer is both huge and gives
> very high quality photo outputs with every option it has being usable
> with the Debian bullseye I'm running here.

I bought a HL-L2350DW not too long ago after my HL-2030 experienced a paper jam
that wouldn't go away even though there was no longer any visible paper
stuck anywhere and in my infinite patience I kind of ripped the thing
apart and tossed the now definitively broken hunk of machinery into the
trash. And this after many years of loyal service. Never turn on me,
bro!

The new one's quicker and nicer and wireless and does duplex and works with my phone.
Easy set-up on a hybrid, Windows-Linux LAN.