Re: tmp on tmpfs

On Mon, 24 Apr 2023 19:02:30 +0200
<tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 24, 2023 at 12:16:36PM -0400, Celejar wrote:
> > On Wed, 19 Apr 2023 09:52:23 +0200
> > tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > "Mounting /tmp to tmpfs may be a good thing in some rare cases, but it's
> > a bad default. It breaks a lot of things and, which is more important,
> > brings nothing good."
>
> "A lot of things" means here: it can run out of space. That's it.
>
> Any other downsides?

No. What the author means is that lots of different applications and
use cases can break badly with /tmp on tmpfs - see the '"/tmp on tmpfs
is bad" quotes' section of the post:

(BTW, I really think that you should avoid snipping the link to the post
that we're discussing from your replies.)

--
Celejar