Re: AW: EPSON ET M 1120 new printer: If You can read this, you areusing the wrong driver

On 4/24/23 09:36, Schwibinger Michael wrote:

Good afternoon

Thank You
Was it a good idea to buy EPSON?

Regards
Sophie

In a short answer no. Epson worked very well but that way back, 20 years ago.

For high quality output, Brother is hard to beat, and has drivers for linux that Just Work. I have 2 Brothers, an HLL2320 laser for fast duplex output in B&W, about 20 pages a minute, and a now several years old MFC-J6920DW, an ink-jet that can handle up to tabloid paper in its printer and in its scanner, and the scanner can do duplex with letter or A4 material as it has an ADF feeder. This printer is both huge and gives very high quality photo outputs with every option it has being usable with the Debian bullseye I'm running here.

Accessible from USB or from a cat5 connection you can set for your own home network. Their installer is a script you can run, telling it what printer you have, it then goes to their site, downloads the proper driver and installs it in the cups menu's. The USB connection is faster though.

Brother's ink-jet's will use a wee bit more ink than some because if powered up full time, will do a quiet nozzle clean at least daily, and my MFC-J6920-DW has never had a clogged nozzle in 7 or 8 years now.

Something I can't say for my own history with several Epson's years ago. Aftermarket, lower priced ink has been 100% usable but their inks give truer color. An ink-jet that Just Works has been a breath of fresh air here for quite a while now.

An no, I don't work for or own any Brother stock. I'm just a 21 year retired television station chief engineer. I think that makes me an old coot. Take care and stay well Sophie

[...]

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis