Re: efi problem

On 2023-04-23, Charles Curley <charlescurley@charlescurley.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Apr 2023 16:34:03 -0000 (UTC)
> Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:
>
>> Install grml-rescueboot
>
> I just tried it. It may work with a grml CD ISO; I didn't try it. The
> code builds the grub.cfg entry correctly, and that works. But grub
> refused to boot the debian netinst image I provided.

It seems I falsely assumed that, seeing that the package is in Debian,
that it could boot a debian iso. Upon further research I realize that
this is apparently not the case. I guess the key word is "rescue."

How about Ventoy (mentioned here I think by Dan Ritter once) on a usb
stick?

But then I think I've forgotten already the problem we're trying to
solve.