Re: graphic cards was efi problem

On 2023-04-24 10:23, David Christensen wrote:
On 4/22/23 22:07, mick.crane wrote:
Dell Precision T3600

I assume this is the computer for the subject thread.
<snipped as reinstalled again>
I couldn't make head nor tail of the Dell f2/f12 boot options.
installed bullseye and all was stable at 800x600 but with no options to change. As want to do graphical things that's not ideal. Upgraded to bookworm via changing /etc/apt/sources.list and installed firmware-linux-nonfree, changed resolution to 3840x2160 desktop crashed while displaying firefox.
Still no option to choose CDrom in dell boot menus.
"efibootmgr -n 8" and reboot runs bookworm install CD.
on reboot after installation of bookworm PC says no OS found.
Changed Dell f2/f12 menu to boot legacy CDrom and bookworm installation succeeds, has automagically set display to 3840x2160 and hasn't crashed as yet so we see how it goes.

mick