Re: Gnome desktop environment

On 23/4/23 04:49, Peter Ehlert wrote:

Be careful and don't include any Gnome/"Debian desktop".

When you select a desktop install with standard Debian you don't have lot of control over what is installed. And that's even with an advanced install.

Personally I use only Mate but it's riddled with Gnome components that I can't easily remove. For instance the Gnome NetworkManager widget is installed despite me not using NetworkManager and I can't find a way to remove it.

On other O/S you could (can?) generate a 'packing list' of all the components you wanted to install and use that to build your system. I expect Debian 11 has that ability but it's not something that is immediately obvious.

--
Jeremy
(Lists)