Re: "Bug" in Debian Installer?

On Sat, Apr 15, 2023 at 06:24:34PM +0100, Andrew Wood wrote:
> On 15/04/2023 18:20, Geert Stappers wrote:

> > > Priority of questions asked was not set to low in the
> > > main menu.  I routinely change that to low when doing a debian install and
> > > preserve logs for future reference.  Default priority if memory serves is
> > > medium.
> >
> > Time will tell if original poster shares information
> > on whether or not if priority for debian-install was changed.
>
> Nothing was changed. I dont even know what that is.

Quoting debian-installer manual:

debconf/priority (priority)

    This parameter sets the lowest priority of messages to be displayed.

    The default installation uses priority=high. This means that both
    high and critical priority messages are shown, but medium and low
    priority messages are skipped. If problems are encountered, the
    installer adjusts the priority as needed.

    If you add priority=medium as boot parameter, you will be shown the
    installation menu and gain more control over the installation. When
    priority=low is used, all messages are shown (this is equivalent to
    the expert boot method). With priority=critical, the installation
    system will display only critical messages and try to do the right
    thing without fuss.

> Ive installed Debian on many  systems over the past 12 years

Acknowledge.

> and have never altered a 'priority' in the installer.

Make it possible to answer the question from the subject line.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
Silence is hard to parse