Re: "Bug" in Debian Installer?

On Sat, Apr 15, 2023 at 11:02:02AM -0400, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Apr 2023, Geert Stappers wrote:
> > On Sat, Apr 15, 2023 at 10:36:14AM +0100, Andrew Wood wrote:
> > > Ive just used the Debian 11 installer ISO running from a USB stick to do an
> > > install (AMD64/UEFI) on another USB stick to use as a 'portable PC'.
> > >
> > > When it got to the Grub install stage I was expecting it to ask me which
> > > disk I wanted Grub installed on as it has in the past but instead it did
> > > not.
> >
> > Way before "grub install" should have been asked
> >
> >    On which disk to install
> >

> > > When I came to reboot the PC I found not only had it put Grub on the USB it
> > > had also put on the PCs NVMe SSD overwriting the Windows bootloader on
> > > there.
> >
> > I do read "two devices were effected", I think it is the same error of
> >

> >    On which disk to install
> >

> > > Surely it should have prompted which disk I wanted it on?
> >
> > Yes.  And it does. Normally.
> >

> A s.w.a.g. here.

[1]

> Priority of questions asked was not set to low in the
> main menu.  I routinely change that to low when doing a debian install and
> preserve logs for future reference.  Default priority if memory serves is
> medium.

Time will tell if original poster shares information
on whether or not if priority for debian-install was changed.

> > Please make it possible to reproduce what is encountered.
> > Yeah, I would like to known what happened
> > and I say right now there is not enough information to reproduce.

So we might be able to answer the question

 "Bug" in Debian Installer?

stated in the Subject line.

Groeten
Geert Stappers

[1] I needed a websearch on S.W.A.G.   Did find
- Sharing Warmth Around the Globe
- Sealed With A Gift
- Stolen Without A Gun
- So What? Another Giveaway?