Re: Commands service and systemctl.

On Fri, Apr 14, 2023 at 07:46:04PM +0100, Brian wrote:
> On Fri 14 Apr 2023 at 18:25:43 +0200, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Apr 14, 2023 at 11:12:18AM -0500, David Wright wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > > How about consulting   man 8 service   rather than a wiki webpage.
> >
> > Reading man pages is cheating ;-)
>
> Reading man pages is relatively rare on most OSs. Debian isn't any exception.

This sentence makes almost no sense. Reading by whom? What does
"reading on an OS" mean? (I mean: I usually read them "on" my
computer screen).

There are people who read man pages, there are people who don't.
Around here, we positively try to encourage people to do; free
software, after all, has something to do with empowerment and all
that.

Cheers